Day 13 Action:
I’m sorry, did you think that just because the first protest was over that Women’s March on Washington was going to set down the fight and go back to knitting? Well we’ve got news for you, real protesters can knit and fight- at the same time… talented people up in here.
The Women’s March organization has pledged to create 10 actions for the first 100 days of this new administration (actions to combat these hacks? What an incredible idea.) Isn’t it nice to know that every 10 days there will be millions of Americans (yuge numbers), just like you, doing something simple like sending a postcard to Capitol Hill. Picture it: it’s like a scene out of Miracle on 34th Street; hundreds of bags of mail arriving to each senator; letting them know that we have many voices, and together we will not be silenced and certainly not ignored.
VISIT: www.womensmarch.com/100 and send in a postcard. Send in a few. You don’t need to have marched to do this. They have templates on the site to print at home, or professionally, if you’re into bulk mailing, or if by chance, you happen to know some other Action-Makers with a penchant for sharing their awesome views with Congress. They’ll even find your senator’s address for you, they are so considerate.
Then before you send it, take a photo of you and your beautiful creation and post along with #WhyIMarch.
SIGN-UP for their alerts so you can stay on top of the next 10 days, and the next.
As always, SHARE with your friends who care, and those who don’t realize they should.
- Totally derail book club this week by showing up with 30 cards and a fun rosé.
- Leave some around your office. Depending on your office, this will give you a chance to practice your ninja skills.
- Put a handful on the cork board at your local bookstore, for the thinkers, or coffee shop, for the laptop crew.
- Scatter them throughout the aisles of your local craft shop… again, practicing your, now finely honed, ninja skills.
- Send them to the senators on the committees who are in charge of the hearings for the cabinet confirmations.
- Print extras for yourself, and like a creepy ex who just won’t give up, send your senator one every week for the duration of this presidency… God willing that’s July.
Photo Credit: Women’s March on Washington