Day 28 Action:
Today’s Action needs no introduction. But here are some tidbits to be aware of:
- Flynn-Russia-White-House – bullet points, why this matters.
- On Jan. 26, Acting Attorney General Sally Yates contacted White House counsel Don McGahn regarding the matter. Then 3 weeks after Flynn’s discrepency was known to the White House, Flynn resigns, only AFTER the information was made known to the public.
The Justice Department warned the White House that the inconsistencies would leave the president’s top national security aide vulnerable to blackmail from Russia, according to a person with knowledge of the discussion. The president was informed of the warnings the same day, Spicer said. –The Washington Post
- Senator Schumer has asked for the Justice Department to start an investigation and for AG Sessions to recuse himself due to severe conflicts of interest. Full story and text of speech.
- Senator Paul and Senator McConnel think the President is handling it o.k. and an investigation would keep them from their laundry list of actions- like repealing Obamacare.
- From The Atlantic – “… in the context of Trump’s murky corporate financial obligations to Russian entities. “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets,” Donald Trump Jr. told an investor conference in 2008. “We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.” Exactly how much money is unknown to anyone outside the Trump Organization, because of the president’s repeated refusal to embrace financial transparency.”
- There also happens to be a Russian spy ship making its way up the east coast and currently 30 miles from Connecticut- that our Navy has “a close eye on.”
- Our President believes this entire debacle to just be a conspiracy by Democrats and the Media and anyone else who doesn’t like him.
Let’s Occam’s razor this one: What is more logical; that there is a broad conspiracy, spanning countries, languages, ages, parties, all media outlets, and American national security agencies (never a bunch for voluntary teamwork) … or that one deranged demagogue is gas-lighting the world and his own White House, and not that well, by the way?
Whatever side of the aisle you’re on- no leader of the American People is without error. No leader should be unchecked or unquestioned and when this much skepticism and doubt is running rampant around the world about the leader of our country and his undeclared connections to a major world power that our own Defense Secretary admits there is little doubt that they interfere in world elections – it’s time for us all to say #WeDemandAnswers.
Actions and Organizations:
CALL – TWEET – etc. Your Senators and Congressmen (you don’t have them on speed dial yet?) and implore them to stand behind Senators Schumer, Warren, Sanders, Booker and all the rest, on both sides, who are trying to get to the bottom of this, in as public a way as possible. #WeDemandAnswers #FollowtheFacts #TrumpTaxes #InvestigateTrump #RussiaGate
TOWN HALLS: Beginning Feb 18th, Congress is on a week-long recess. Meaning all of your representatives will be back home and SHOULD be having town halls to connect with their constituents. Check in with your rep’s website, local media and The Town Hall Project to find out when your elected official’s Town Hall will be (or invite them to yours). Then show up and ask the real questions. #reclaimrecess #standindivisible
ACTION CALL: Tonight with Indivisible, on getting ready for next week’s recess.
SHARE this Federal Employee Whistle-blower Guide from Congressmen Ted Lieu and Don Buyer, released this morning. Help to ensure transparency between The American Government and The American People.