A little inspiration in these sometimes overwhelming times.
- To All The Little Girls by Isolde Fair, a young woman who took HRC’s consession speech and created a beautiful anthem.
- A Capella Flash Mob Choir at The Women’s March in DC
Written by the artist MILCK and rehearsed by Skype. Also see her official video at the end of the article by NPR’s All Songs Considered. #Icantkeepquiet
(I had you at flash mob, right?)
- A message from Senator Cory Booker of hope and the resilience and capability of The People to make a change.
- Why America Shouldn’t Hate Protesters by Mic Media with Gabe Gonzalez. Oh, wait!
- Pictures of adorable children holding wonderful messages at the Women’s March.
- Totally great story out of Charlotte, NC of one teacher who found a way to make a difference to his students.
- La Marseillaise from Casablanca – If you don’t understand why this is here, watch, then be comforted by the knowledge that when the loud, garish, singing, of a goose-stepping anthem feels like it’s beginning to drown out your world; the power of The People who believe in Good and True and Just should not be underestimated.
(Extra Special Note: The French characters singing here were actual European refugees who had spent the war persecuted by Nazis… that defiance and pride is not an act.)
- Jewish congregation gives key to their synagogue to Muslims after a fire burned down their mosque, in Texas. – no matter our beliefs, we can love each other.
- This Land was Made for You and Me: From the documentary on the man who knew America was for all of us- and wrote the anthem for us all to share, Woody Guthrie.
- Woody Guthrie’s New Year’s Rulin’s from 1943. From brushing teeth (if any) to fighting fascism. This about covers it.
- The speech by Charlie Chaplin in The Great Dictator from 1940. “Only the unloved hate.” We can come together to achieve victory.
An Imam gave a moving sermon at the arrival’s gate at JFK, Feb 3rd. It’s healing and inspiring. – .Mic
- Organizations for When You Feel Hopeless – A collection of outstanding do-gooders-doing-good from Her Campus.
- #HoldTight. The beautiful and uplifting short/ad from The Bank of Australia and New Zealand
- Space Oddity – As performed by Astronaut Chris Hadfield from the International Space Station. To remind us that there are things bigger than us.
- We Are The World – An oldie, but a good one to remind us that there are more of us who want Love than want hate.
- All That We Share – From Denmark’s TV2. It’s not just us and them. (Get tissues)
- Minneapolis businesses throw wedding for Indian couple amid immigration uncertainty (grab some tissues) -Citypages
- The Alternative Universe where Hillary Beat Trump. Fabulously uplifting.
- 5-Year-Old Recreates Photo Of An Iconic Woman Every Day Of Black History Month
WKTB Note: Have you seen/heard something inspirational that isn’t here? Tell us about it.